Free & Equal Elections Foundation Releases Video of Goldwater Institute Panel Discussion on Arizona’s Version of the Top Two Primary System – Proposition 121
Free & Equal Elections Foundation hosted a panel discussion October 9 uniting experts to examine the problems with Proposition 121, Arizona’s version of a top two primary system. Paradoxically dubbed the “Open” Elections / “Open” Government Act, Proposition 121 aims to limit voter choices, protect the incumbent stranglehold, and increase the special interest influence of elections.
Barbara Klein, president of Arizona League of Women Voters, served as facilitator.
- Arizona Green Party co-chairman Angel Torres
- Arizona Libertarian Party communications director Barry Hess
- Save our Vote Arizona legal counsel and Republican Michael Liburdi
- Arizona Democratic Party executive director Luis Heredia
- Free & Equal and Stop Top Two founder and chair Christina Tobin
Panel sponsors: Fair Vote Arizona League of Women Voters Arizona Libertarian Party of Arizona Green Party of Arizona Save Our Vote Arizona Arizona Advocacy Network Stop Top Two